Guess I can quit you, after all *
since darn near no one reads this besides yours truly, I feel comfortable making this announcement:
I gave notice at my job this week. And I'm damn proud of myself, because it was a really hard choice to make.
So I should be glowing from the triumph! Going back for something way better than I left! And better than what I have now, and better . . . well . . . everything!
But everyone here's been so damn nice and supportive and "well, you have to do what's right for you" about it. Jerks. Why couldn't they be that way BEFORE I said I was leaving? Like, for the first two months after I started, and my major milestone was a full day with no tears? I wish I could make a clean break, say sayonara, and leave and never look back. But I will look back, and I'll be glad for the experience. And I have learned a hell of a lot.
Onward and upward . . .
I gave notice at my job this week. And I'm damn proud of myself, because it was a really hard choice to make.
So I should be glowing from the triumph! Going back for something way better than I left! And better than what I have now, and better . . . well . . . everything!
But everyone here's been so damn nice and supportive and "well, you have to do what's right for you" about it. Jerks. Why couldn't they be that way BEFORE I said I was leaving? Like, for the first two months after I started, and my major milestone was a full day with no tears? I wish I could make a clean break, say sayonara, and leave and never look back. But I will look back, and I'll be glad for the experience. And I have learned a hell of a lot.
Onward and upward . . .
* My apologies to "Brokeback Mountain."


2 Comments:
On your last day, you should run around like William Wallace shouting "FREEEEEDOM" at the top of your lungs. Cause that would be really funny.
By
Melanie, at 5:24 PM, February 22, 2006
Allo -- found your blog via the Dumpling from Norfolk. And now I'm dying to make that cream of potato-fancy pumpkin soup!
I for one am dee-lighted that you'll be returning to the Green Leviathan. The dearth of cool people has been getting me down, so it's nice to see the trend reversed. Not to mention having another colleague who likes spending lunch hour at Windsor Button!
By
Anonymous, at 4:39 PM, March 04, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home