an Elvis moment
I was on my way to a catering job on Saturday night, and freaking out because I was lost. SO LOST! And it was the first time I was working for this caterer, and I was in a panic. So I pulled over and asked this guy for directions. He was going my way and so I had him hop into the car.
(yes, I suppose this was dangerous, but it seemed fine at the time. Hell, the guy was talking to his WIFE on his cell phone when I stopped him. How dangerous could he be? . . . Don't answer that.)
I just took him across the highway to the mall and then he sent me along my way. But not before telling me that he was an Elvis impersonator on his way to a gig! And he was lost, too! And when he got out of the car, I realized that in my panic I had somehow missed the fact that his hair was in a crazy pompadour, and he was wearing his shirt all open, and had big chains, and lots of rings . . . .
And three guesses what he said to me when he got out of the car? (cue your best Elvis impression)
All together now:
"Thank you verrry much."
(yes, I suppose this was dangerous, but it seemed fine at the time. Hell, the guy was talking to his WIFE on his cell phone when I stopped him. How dangerous could he be? . . . Don't answer that.)
I just took him across the highway to the mall and then he sent me along my way. But not before telling me that he was an Elvis impersonator on his way to a gig! And he was lost, too! And when he got out of the car, I realized that in my panic I had somehow missed the fact that his hair was in a crazy pompadour, and he was wearing his shirt all open, and had big chains, and lots of rings . . . .
And three guesses what he said to me when he got out of the car? (cue your best Elvis impression)
All together now:
"Thank you verrry much."


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home