there was a girl who had a curl . . .

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

are you incontinent? or just rude? (vitriol alert)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, maybe I'm a grumpy old person, but oh, how i wanted to ask that question last night at the Tori Amos concert.

People! The concert is less than TWO HOURS LONG. You can't sit still for TWO HOURS? I am officially boycotting shows at the Orpheum (or seeing them from a balcony seat, anyway) because last night was the second time i spent good money to spend a whole concert letting people out of the row, or waiting for others to take their sweet time finding seats when they came back. I understand -- when you gotta go, sometimes you just gotta go. But EVERYBODY???? Can't it wait until the end of the song?

And to the VERY LOUD man sitting behind us: Whatever you had to say, I'm reasonably sure that you didn't have to yell it. Your girlfriend was sitting NEXT TO YOU. Keep it down, will ya? It was worse than talkers at the movies (who are multiplying at rabbit speed -- another peeve of mine) because i can't replicate the concert experience with a DVD at home.

I'm sure you're a very nice person — but take a listen to Harry's story about his experience with a movie talker, and just consider yourself lucky to be about three times my size . ..

[end of rant]

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home