sock happens
it's been me versus the sock for the past couple of months. finally i put it aside for two weeks, because every time i'd get further, i'd end up hitting yet another step that baffled me, and i'd need some handholding, and i was running out of resources. but yesterday a friend took one look at my sock, pinpointed the problem and fixed it in about 7 minutes flat, gave me some helpful hints, and i was off and running. So now behold . . .

SOCK!!!
Now I'm raring to get started on sock numero dos, using what i learned with this one. Too bad the sock's a bit big and floppy -- i'm wondering if i can shrink it (the yarn's cotton). If it gets too tiny from shrinking, I can always block it and frame it and call it folk art, right?
And no, those aren't my hairy knuckles -- they belong to my faithful cheering section. Thanks, cheering section! And many thanks as well to the supportive group at Knitsmiths. The sock saga would have ended before it began without the help I got from so many of you. Who knew that a sock could mean so much?

SOCK!!!
Now I'm raring to get started on sock numero dos, using what i learned with this one. Too bad the sock's a bit big and floppy -- i'm wondering if i can shrink it (the yarn's cotton). If it gets too tiny from shrinking, I can always block it and frame it and call it folk art, right?
And no, those aren't my hairy knuckles -- they belong to my faithful cheering section. Thanks, cheering section! And many thanks as well to the supportive group at Knitsmiths. The sock saga would have ended before it began without the help I got from so many of you. Who knew that a sock could mean so much?


3 Comments:
I got to see the Sock from start to finish. Although it was an difficult project with a lot of ripping apart and putting back together, I am so proud that you finally finished it and it is fantastic.
I will have you all know that the second sock to the pair is coming along much faster, and soon you will see the pair!
Awesome job sweetheart.
-The Bhoy
By
Anonymous, at 9:23 AM, March 28, 2005
Hey, it's a finished sock! Awesome!
If it's cotton and it's stretching out, you could definitely try putting it in the dryer for a bit (like you would with your jeans) to shrink it back down. If it's wool, though, I wouldn't try that. It may just be that the yarn should be knit on smaller needles to produce a tighter fit. Good luck with it! :)
By
alison, at 11:12 PM, April 04, 2005
Hi there " J " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)
By
Anonymous, at 8:27 PM, October 31, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home