there was a girl who had a curl . . .

Thursday, January 13, 2005

firsts

here i am, the one that you love . . .

no wait, that's not right. what i meant to say was: here i am. the one who lurks on others' blogs. i finally have my own. For what reason? i'm not sure yet. I think it's to get the writing juices going.

When I was in 10th grade, lo these many years, I had a teacher named Mr. McAuliffe. Oh how I loved him. Anyway, he had us “freewrite” every morning, which really helped me to feel more comfortable with my own writing. Then the next year I had the evil English teacher whose name I have chosen to forget, and he squashed the writing love right out of my 15-year-old heart. Which is how I ended up as an editor, not a writer. Ta-da!

Anyway, here goes nuthin'. Please be gentle . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home