Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night (or how I came to love Margo Channing during the Blizzard of '05)
so I weathered the whole "Blizzard of '05" (what would we DO without The Weather Channel's fine names for storms?) indoors. Not one step outside from Saturday afternoon at 5:30 through Sunday night at 8. I'd like to say that I was dragged out kicking and screaming by a boy who missed me terribly, and wanted to go sledding and drink hot cocoa, but it was really more of a "want me to come get you? i can do it between halves of the football game" sort of thing. man, that football. just don't get it. the American kind, anyway. game food, though? that i can get down with.
but saturday night, rather than being the night of snow-enforced solitude i had expected, turned out to be an impromptu slumber party. the friends coming down from NH decided to bunk down at their hotel at the airport, and the boy had to go be all dutiful and go to his parents' house to help with pre-emptive shoveling, so i gave the ever-willing Sauce a call. he's always up for a cocktail.
Man, if Sauce were reading this, he'd undoubtedly take that phrase and skew it pornographic.
ANYWAY, he came over, and then A. came over after her shift so she wouldn't have to slog all the way to her place, and then Jer joined us, and we all watched Young Adam, a movie I have determined that I must own. The plot lacks, but the sexual tension is, well — just SO yummy. There's no avoiding it. And Ewan is doing what he does best — smoking and looking pensive while maintaining a beautifully touseled hairdo that just BEGS me to tug on it.
anyway, they stayed over and then we all made french toast and eggs in the morning and watched All About Eve (my first time! so good. so campy! oh, that Bette Davis, how fabulous she is **cue Kim Carnes**).
And today I'm back at work. Stupid work. It's getting in the way of my movie watching!


1 Comments:
You stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By
Anonymous, at 3:54 PM, January 24, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home