there was a girl who had a curl . . .

Friday, July 14, 2006

Lantern Festival, Forest Hills Cemetery, Jamaica Plain

Just . . . magic. Maybe next year I'll actually make a lantern myself to float out onto the waters of Hibiscus Lake. (And I'll bring a citronella candle! Those cemetery mosquitos are brutal!)

It's stuff like this that makes me love Jamaica Plain.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Jess,
    Great to read another JP person on here!

    And come on, you gotta make a lantern when you go there...

    I was sick with the flu - I know, in JULY!! and this was the first lantern festival that I've missed since I moved to JP five years ago.

    By Blogger DJPare, at 12:50 PM, July 19, 2006  

  • Your photos came out REALLY nicely... Did you Photoshop them all or just upload as is??
    Well done!

    By Blogger Melanie, at 1:39 PM, July 26, 2006  

  • Hi Jess,

    I've lived in Boston for 7 years and haven't heard about this festival yet. Thank you so much for posting about it. JP is one of my favorite neighborhoods, so I'd love to check it out.

    Btw, glad you enjoyed the burgers :)

    Cheers,
    -Helen

    By Blogger Helen, at 9:35 PM, September 05, 2006  

  • Hi Jess - I hope you get this. You left a comment on my blog about the Trellis sweater. From what I recall, I knit all charts from the bottom and knit every row from right to left.

    By Blogger Kaitie Tee, at 8:58 PM, February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home